rus eng Register | Login
E-mail:
Password:
Login
Register

Forgot your password?

Pistole 08 Handgun, Parabellumpistole, 1918, Germany

Artikul: 59172 Sold
A nice Pistole 08 Handgun, Parabellumpistole, 1918. Has matching numbers, new oil blue finish. This is deactivated gun. The Parabellum 1908 or Parabellum-Pistole (Pistol Parabellum) — popularly known as the Luger — is a toggle-locked recoil-operated semi-automatic gun. The design was patented by Georg J. Luger in 1898 and produced by german arms manufacturer Deutshe Waffen- und Munitionsfabriken (DWM) starting in 1900; it was an evolution of the 1893 Hugo Borchardt designed C-93. The first Parabellum gun was adopted by the Swiss army in May 1900. In German army service it was succeeded and partly replaced by the Walther P38 in caliber 9 x 19. The Luger is well known from its use by Germans during the WWI and WWII along with the interwar Weimar Republic and the post war East German Volkspolizei. Although the Luger gun was first introduced in 7.65x21mm Parabellum, it is notable for being the gun for which the 9x19 Parabellum (also known as the 9 mm Luger) cartridge was developed. Being one of the first semi-automatic gun, the Luger was designed to use a toggle-lock action, which uses a jointed arm to lock, as opposed to the slide actions of almost every other semi-automatic gun. After a round is fired, the barrel and toggle assembly (both locked together at this point) travel rearward due to recoil. After moving roughly 0.5 in (13 mm) rearward, the toggle strikes a cam built into the frame, causing the knee joint to hinge and the toggle and breech assembly to unlock. At this point the barrel impacts the frame and stops its rearward movement, but the toggle assembly continues moving (bending the knee joint) due to momentum, extracting the spent casing from the chamber and ejecting it. The toggle and breech assembly subsequently travel forward under spring tension and the next round from the magazine is loaded into the chamber. The entire sequence occurs in a fraction of a second. This mechanism works well for higher pressure cartridges, but cartridges loaded to a lower pressure can cause the gun to malfunction because they do not generate enough recoil to work the action fully. This results in either the breech block not clearing the top cartridge of the magazine, or becoming jammed open on the cartridge's base. In World War I, as submachine guns were found to be effective in trench warfare, experiments with converting various types of guns to machine guns (Reihenfeuerpistolen, literally "row-fire guns" or "consecutive fire guns") were conducted. Among those the Luger gun (German Army designation Pistole 08) was examined; however, unlike the Mauser C96 which was later manufactured in a selective-fire version (Schnellfeuer) or Reihenfeuerpistolen, the Luger proved to have an excessive rate of fire in full-automatic mode. The Luger gun was manufactured to exacting standards and had a long service life. William "Bill" Ruger praised the Luger's 145° (55° for Americans) grip angle and duplicated it in his .22 LR gun. The Swiss Army evaluated the Luger gun in 7.65x21mm Parabellum (.30 Luger in North America) and adopted it in 1900 as its standard side arm, designated Ordonnanzpistole 00 or OP00, in 1900. This model uses a 120 mm barrel. The Luger gun was accepted by the German Navy in 1904. The Navy model had a 150 mm barrel and a two position (100/200 metre) rear sight. This version is known as Pistole 04. In 1908 the German Army adopted the Luger to replace the Reichsrevolver in front-line service. The Pistole 08 (or P.08) had a 100 mm barrel and was chambered in 9x19mm Parabellum. The P.08 was the usual side arm for German Army personnel in both world wars, though it was being replaced by the Walther P38 starting in 1938. In 1930 Mauser took over manufacture of the P.08 (until 1943). The Lange Pistole 08 ("Long Pistol 08") or Artillery Luger was a gun carbine for use by German Army artillerymen as a sort of early Personal Defence Weapon. It had a 200 mm barrel, an 8-position tangent rear sight (calibrated to 800 metres) and a shoulder stock with holster. It was sometimes used with a 32-round magazine (Trommelmagazin 08). It was also available in various carbine versions with yet longer barrels. The firm Armeria Belga of Santiago Chile, manufactured the Benke Thiemann retractable stock that could fold out from the grip section. The United States evaluated several semi-automatic gun in the late 19th century, including the Colt M1900, Steyr Mannlicher M1984 and an entry from Mauser. In 1900 the US purchased 1000 7.65mm Lugers for field trials. Later, a small number were sampled in the then-new, more powerful 9 mm round. Field experience with .38 caliber revolvers in the Philippines and ballistic tests would result in a requirement for still-larger rounds. In 1906 and 1907, the US Army held trials for a large-caliber semi-automatic. DWM provided two sample Luger guns chambered in .45 ACP for testing, with serial numbers 1 and 2. The fate of serial number 1 is unknown, as it was not returned. The serial number 2 Luger .45 passed the tests, and survived to be traded among collectors. At least two guns were manufactured later for possible commercial or military sales, and one is exhibited at the Norton Gallery in Shreveport, Louisiana. The other was sold in 2010 and remains in a private collection. After initial trials, DWM, Savage, and Colt were asked to provide further samples for evaluation. DWM withdrew for reasons that are still debated, though the Army did place an order for 200 more samples. A single .45 Luger carbine is also known to exist. In 1941-42 Mauser switched from "straw finishing" to blueing the small parts and levers on their guns. In combination with black plastic grip panels, these guns were named the "Black Widow" model by a post-war US arms dealer as a marketing ploy.

Pistole 08 Handgun, Parabellumpistole, 1918, Germany

Artikul: 59172 Sold